REQUIREMENTS FOR A VISA TO THAILAND
1. Visa to Thailand can be applied at the Consulate Sunday to Thursday from 9:30 a.m - 11.30 a.m. Applicant must apply for visa in person or through reliable agent and applicant may be required to be interviewed if necessary by consular
2. Application form must be accompanied by:-
2.1 One 3.5 c.m. x 4.5 c.m. photographs (taken within 6 month)
2.2 Passport of at least 6-month validity with a page for visa with photocopy (s)
2.3 Air tickets including out-going ticket from Thailand with photocopy (s) (not applicable to educational or working purpose)
Transit - Should have visa for the country of destination stamped on passport unless there is no Embassy for visa application in Male
Tourist - Interview and show relevant documents on request
Interview and show relevant documents on request.
Letter from applicant’s company to guarantee the purpose of travel.
Invitation letter or correspondence from company in Thailand
2.5. Other documents which may be requested by the Consular Officer of the Consulate
3. To save time in the process of issuing a visa, application form may be collected from the consulate free of charge every working day from 9:30pm - 2:30pm.
4. Visa Fee
4.1 Non Immigrant visa Rf. 1234/-
4.2 Tourist visa Rf. 617/-
4.3 Transit visa Rf. 540/-
4.4 Visa fee once paid is not refundable.
5. Passport with visa will normally be returned to the applicant after 48 hours (2 working days) in the afternoon from 12:30pm to 2:30pm. Receipt must be shown to the consulate by applicant or representative together with ID card.
6. It is advisable that all visa applicants must possess a minimum amount of money while entering Thailand according to the type of visa as follows.
1. Transit Visa
Individual: Thai or foreign currency equivalent to 10,000 baht (US$ 340) Family: Thai or foreign currency equivalent to 20,000 baht (US$ 640)
2. Tourist Visa/Non-Immigrant Visa
Individual: Thai or foreign currency equivalent to 20,000 baht (US$ 640) Family: Thai or foreign currency equivalent to 40,000 baht (US$ 1280)
Those who fail to show the required amount of money to the Immigration Officers, if asked, may be refused entry to the country.